When I was young, I would love running to my grandma and asking for a few dimes to buy ice cream. The memory of her opening that small coin purse with the kiss lock on it leaves me nostalgic for the blissful times then. It was that tiny coin bag that gave me the biggest treat of my childhood. For this very reason, I am on a mission to make a coin purse of my own with a kiss lock like grandma!
Learn how to make a coin purse with a kiss lock with this guide:
Things you will need
- Fabric of your choice
- Purse frame
- Light-weight interfacing
- Matching thread
- Fusible fleece
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needles
- Purse pattern (download from here).
- With the pattern, cut two outer pieces and two lining pieces for the purse.
- Add the interfacing to the lining and the fleece to the outer pieces.
- Place the purse frame on the pattern, and mark the spot the kiss lock will come.
- Sew all around roughly the placed except the area between the marks you have made for the kiss lock.
- Sew all around with the sewing machine, separating the kiss lock area from one another as you move the sewing all around. This will make a mouth of the purse.
- Turn the bag inside out and smoothen it out. Press it with an iron.
- Place the kiss lock over the measured area it is set to be fit into. With a needle and thread, sew the lock into this spot. You can also glue it onto the purse mouth.