If your battery is old, or its too cold, your car may simply refuse to turn on. You will have to jump start a car to get it to run. This is usually done by connecting the car to a running car’s battery and transferring some energy to it. If you don’t have cables around, there are ways to jump a car battery and get it back to its old functioning self. This guide will teach you how to jump a car batter without cables.
- Set the car on neutral and shift to neutral.
- Push the car to a slop or on top of a hill.
- Find a friend or person nearby to help you push the car while you sit inside to maneuver it.
- As they push, depress the clutch.
- Put the car in second gear.
- Now, turn on the ignition but do not turn on the engine.
- Let go of the brake while keeping the clutch pressed. You will go down the hill now as the person behind is pushing the car.
- Release the clutch quickly then as the speed reaches 5mph. The engine will turn on and start. If it doesn’t, depress and release the clutch once again.