Table top podiums are used for public speaking mainly, and can be purchased from local stores. It can also be built at home as it has a very simple design and structure. This guide will teach you on making a table top podium by yourself:
Things you will need
- 3 x 3 x 12 inch hardwood plywood boards
- Table saw
- Straight edge
- Wood glue
- Damp rag
- 1 x 1 x 18 hardwood strips
- Wood finish
- Paint brush
- Draw a straight line on a plywood board at a top corner, and end the line at the opposite bottom corner. The straight edge will help you make the diagonal line.
- You will then cut the board in triangular halves. Use the saw along the diagonal line you have drawn, ensuring you cut neatly. These triangles are used for the sides of the podium.
- Sand the sides of the podium with a grain along the cut to make it smooth.
- Put the podium sides over a flat surface to make them parallel to one another. The distance between the sides will be 18 inches. Place the sides on the surface so as to form the sides of the podium.
- Fix the podium top by applying glue to the top edges of the sides of the podium, and place the hardwood plywood boards on the sides. Clean the excess glue with a rag.
- Hammer the nails into the podium sides from the top. Space the nails two inches away from one another.
- Create a space in the table top to place books into. Apply wood glue over the top edge of the podium and fix the hardwood strip. Also fix nails into it to keep it fixed.
- Use a paintbrush to apply over the podium, according to your desire. Let this dry.