Indoor plants look beautiful no matter where they are placed in your home or office. They brighten up the living space and create a calm and peaceful effect. They also have the advantage of needing lesser sunlight than other plants. However, indoor plants need extra care, which outdoor plants don’t require much.
The main problem that befalls indoor plants are they capture dust easily and need to be cleaned at regular basis to make your homes look neat. Dust collection on the leaves also leads to a cut in the oxygen supply of the plant. To keep your indoor plants healthy and blooming, here are some easy tips to help you cleaning your plants:
- Always wash your plants with lukewarm water as cold water harms their roots. Wash the plants in a sink if they are small or use the shower for bigger ones. Once they have dip-dried, place them in the sun.
- Use a moist cloth to clean the leaves of large indoor plants.
- Cleaning fuzzier plants may seem hard, but it is easier to clean them than the other plants. All you need is a soft-bristled paintbrush to dust them. Never use water on these plants.
- If your plants have accumulated too much grime due to your busy schedule, you can make a homemade spray to clean them. Mix a few drops of dish washing detergent in four cups of water in a spray bottle. Spritz the plant and then use plain water to rinse them.
- You can use a hair dryer to blow off dust from your cactus. Water is not good for a cactus plant.
- If you wish to make the leaves shiny, you may add a bit of cooking oil in the water you want to spray the plant clean with. Spray the water with the help of a spray bottle and clean the leaves one by one with the help of a moist cloth. Make sure you do this to leafy plants not plants like cactus etc which may have thorns on them.