The fall season not just comes with all its beautiful glory, but with it, it brings the craving of trying a lot of traditional recipes. Many families love to eat meatloaf when the weather gets a bit on the chillier side. Everyone loves meatloaf in my family as well, and here is the healthy version of my meatloaf recipe which everyone absolutely loves at my place.
1 pound ground beef, extra lean
½ teaspoon garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, diced
½ cup sweet onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs, large
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
¾ cup carrot, julienne cut
¾ cup zucchini, julienne cut
Seasoning, to taste
¼ cup Ketchup
- Take a 9×5” loaf pan and coat it with the cooking spray.
- Heat your oven at 400F.
- Take a skillet and heat the olive oil on it over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and the bell pepper in it until both become soft.
- Add in the garlic and sauté it for a few minutes.
- Take a large bowl and combine together the minced meat, the prepared onion mixture, and the rest of the ingredients in it. Transfer the mixture into the loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minute or until the meatloaf is no longer pink in the middle.
- Now spread the ketchup on the top of the meatloaf and bake it for no more than 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite salad.