Turkish tea is unlike other teas as it is brewed over boiled water instead of being made from boiled water. The tea is made in a special teapot, known as the double teapot, or caydanlik in the Turkish language. The national drink of Turkey is delicious and cleanses the body like none other. If you wish to make Turkish tea at home without the double teapot, you can follow the simple way below to brew this delicious tea at home.
- 1/3 cup of Turkish tea leaves (Rize tea)
- 2 liters water
- Sugar to taste
- Small teapot
- Serving cups
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Place the tea leaves in a strainer or sieve and rinse them under cool water.
- Add the cleaned leaves to a small teapot and adjust the teapot over the kettle with the boiling water. You do not have to add water to the small pot. You have to let the steam diffuse the flavor of the tea leaves. Do this for 15 minutes.
- After a few minute, remove the pot from over the kettle.
- Take a cup of boiling water from the kettle and add it to the small pot with the leaves.
- Brew the small pot now for a few minutes over a low heat on the stove, Once the leaves settle to the surface, remove from the heat and pour the tea in cups to serve.