Braiding leather has been an ancient for of art that was created as a form of accessorizing then, The trend of adorning leather bracelets still survives in recent times, as it brings a classy and edgy look. You can see various rock band artists wearing them, or even fashion models these days.
Leather cord bracelets are unisex and look “boho” on everyone. It is simple to make and it will take no time in making a sophisticated corded leather bracelet. Follow this guide on how you can make a leather bracelet at home and learn how to braid a leather cord bracelet in these two different and neat ways:
Things you will need
- Leather chords or strips in colors of your choice
- Sticky tape
- Measure and cut the leather. You will take the measurements by wrapping it around your wrist and seeing how much will be needed. You will take the measurements by wrapping it around your wrist and seeing how much will be needed.
- Cut 3 chords with the scissors across the leather strip you have cut.
- Tie a knot at the end so that the three chords are secured together.
- Stick the end of the chords to the table with the help of the tape.
- Start braiding the braid, by wrapping the right chord over the left chord. The braid will be made similar to that of braids made on hair.
- Now cross the left strip over the center of the braid.
- Again, cross the far right strip over the center.
- Now take the far left strip over the center.
- Continue doing these steps till you reach the end.
- Tie the end with a knot to secure the braid.
- Measure and cut the leather strip wrapping it around your wrist and seeing how much will be needed.
- In this strip, cut four separate strands now. A four-stranded leather bracelet is thicker than a three-stranded leather bracelet.
- Tie a knot at the end so that the four chords are secured together.
- Lay the four strands flat and openly so that you can tell them apart before you begin weaving. Label the strands mentally as A, B, C, and D.
- You will begin braiding the leather bracelet now. Take the last strand (strand D), and move it over the second and third strands (B and C). Your strand order will now be A, D, B, and C.
- Take strand B now and pass it over strand D, moving to the left. Your strand order will be A, B, D, C now.
- Next, move strand A to the right so that is passes over strand B and D both. our strand order will be B, D, A, C now.
- Cross strand D on to the right so it passes over strand A. This will make the strand order B, A, D, C. Strand D and A will be in the center now and strand B will be on the far left side. Strand C will be on the far right.
- Take the strand B and A in your left hand now and the strands D and C in your right hand. Pull the two away to tighten the braid you have formed so far.
- Pass strand C to the left over D and A.
- Now move strand A on the left to pass it over strand C.
- Take strand B to the right to pass over strand A and C.
- Take strand C over the right passing over B. Tighten the strands as you did in step 9.
- Repeat all the above steps to form the bracelet to the desired length.
- Make a knot at the end of the bracelet!
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!