If you enjoy deer hunting, you will need a dear blind. This aids in hiding yourself while you wait for the dear, and it is also very comfortable to hang out in. it creates a means for a clear shot at them.
Deer blinds are usually made out of wood. Here is how it can be made at home for your hunting expedition:
- Check with the state regulations regarding deer hunting. Most states do not allow hunting, and if it is forbidden in your state, it wont be a good idea to make a deer blind. However, if it is allowed, you need to file for a written application to request the permission of making one. Permission from the property owner is also required where the deer blind will be places.
- Gather information on deer blinds from other hunters. And take out a good plan with proper dimensions for the deer blind.
- Buy cedar or a weather resistant lumber as it pays off in the long run.
- Build the frame of the floor, by cutting the components to the dimension 96 x 48 inches.. drill holes through the rim joists, and then insert screws in the joists.
- Attach a plywood sheet to the flooring and neatly align the edges. Insert screws to lock the sheet to the flooring.
- To assemble the sidewalls, cut the lumber with 2 x 4 dimensions. Drill pilot holes in the walls through the plates, and finally, insert screws through the studs.
- Now fit the sidewalls to the floor, and align the edges. With a spirit level, check the alignment. Drill pilot holes through the bottom plates and insert the screws in the floor joints.
- Make the back and front wall of the blind then by cutting the lumber according to the dimensions of the 4 x 8 lumber. Drill and screw the wall to the studs.
- Build a rafter as the roof of the blind. With a 2 x 6 lumber. You will need a circular saw for this to cut the lines. Smoothen with sandpaper.
- Attach the rafter to the roof with screws.