I believe wood should never be wasted and recycling it in different ways can preserve mother nature. If you have an old fence lying around, you don’t have to throw it out. Make a planter box from it for your flowers! This guide will help you make one to add an attractive piece to your gardens.
Things you will need
- Old fence
- Compound miter saw
- Measuring tape
- Sort the wood and remove all rotted pieces. Utilize the posts and good wood.
- You can cut around the rotted parts of the fence and use the good wood. Sort them by length then.
- Set the saw on a sawhorse and cut all the wood to the same length.
- Use the large piece to make the front and back of the planter box. Spread them out and then nail them together. For this, you must have accurate measurements taken.
- When you have nailed the box, scrub it to smoothen the wood.
- Paint over the box in a color of your choice. Leave it to dry for 24-48 hours.
- Set new box in your garden and add flowers to it!