Vinyl sheets are water-resistant, making them the perfect piece of flooring for bathrooms, kitchens, and laundry rooms. Another added benefit is that they are cheap and so affordable! You can install a vinyl sheet flooring yourself by following these DIY steps below:
Things you will need
- Vinyl Sheet
- Pry Bar
- Measuring Tape
- Putty Knife
- Steel Hand Roller
- Measure the floor area of the room you want to lay the vinyl sheet. Measure the length and width of the floor to calculate it into square yards.
- Remove all the furniture and appliances from the room you will prepare for the flooring.
- Keep the floor dry for the installation, and if it is uneven from tile joints, or cracks, use a leveling compound to fill it up to smoothen the floor. Remove any dust or dirt from it before you start.
- Set the room temperature to 15 degrees Celsius.
- Unroll the vinyl flooring and cut it according to the size you have measured.
- Keep in mind; the sheet direction should be according to the main light source.
- This is how the sheet will be installed according to room size:
- Small room: installation through a loose-lay, by simply laying the vinyl floor on the top of the subfloor.
- Medium room: make a semi-loose installation, in which you will use a double-faced duct tape around it and the floor to secure it.
- Large room: a proper glued installation, where you use an adhesive to place the flooring.