Diamonds may be a girl’s best friend, but there are other stones that women love to adorn. One such stone if turquoise, which is mainly paired with silver. Turquoise is a much-valued stone in various cultures, and it comes in beautiful shades of light blue and green. These worn in the form of necklaces, earrings, rings or bracelets look attractive and stylish.
However, overtime, silver jewelry can get varnished and scratched as it is a soft metal. If your silver turquoise jewelry needs to be cleaned, these steps should be undertaken:
To Clean the Silver
- With a silver polishing cloth, clean the silver part of the jewelry.
- You can use a silver cleaning solution bought from a store or make your own home remedy to clean the silver. Form a mixture of a mild dishwashing liquid with lukewarm water.
- If the silver part is engraved or too small, us a cotton swab to clean the silver parts instead of the cloth.
- Wipe the silver areas then with a damp cloth.
(For other ways to clean silver jewelry, read: HOW TO CLEAN SILVER JEWELRY).
To Clean the Turquoise
- With a soft bristled cleaning brush, clean the turquoise with water.
- Dry the stone with a soft cloth, like velvet or cotton.
Let the jewelry air dry now!