Cameras of iPhones, Androids, and others now have an option of placing an exact location on a photograph on where it was taken. This geographic location data is transferred into the metadata of the photo. This is called photo geotag. This option can be switched on and off in smartphones and androids, but many users don’t, making it simple to view the location of where the picture was taken.To find the geotag information on a photo, take out your Macs, and all you have to do is:
- Open the image in the preview application.
- From the toolbar on the photo, choose “Show Inspector”.
- A menu opens in which you have to select “I” and then the “GPS” tab.
- In a few minutes, a map loads with the exact picture location.
- Now, click on “Show in Maps” so that you get the pictures exact locations in the Maps app for a closer view.