My daughter saw a princess canopy bed at one of her friends place and since then she was adamant on getting one. I was on a tight budget and had no idea how I was going to make a canopy for her. Besides, I am not much of a DIY person, and I actually am really bad at doing anything creative. That is, until a friend of mine told me how she has made a canopy for her daughter by using a hula hoop. It was a great idea, and I immediately got onto making one for my daughter as well.
If you also want to make a hula hoop canopy, then I have prepared a small tutorial for your ease:
Things You Need:
- A Hula Hoop
- A few curtains
- A spool of ribbon
The Actual Process:
- Take the hula hoop and slide in the curtain through one of the open edges. Once the curtains are in, reassemble the piece. I already had some old curtains lying at with me. You can buy a few cheap curtains for this purpose as well.
- Cut the ribbon into 3 pieces. The length of each ribbon should be 4 feet long. You can change the length according to your own requirement as well.
- Spread the curtains out on the hoop.
- Now simply make loops of the ribbon around the hula hoop.
- Place the ribbons in such a way that one ribbon is present on 2 curtain panels.
- The ends of the ribbon should meet at the top from where they will hang.
- Tie the ends of the ribbon together in a knot.
- Simply hang the knotted part over a hook. Your hula hoop canopy is all ready….you may add artificial flowers around it to make it look really fancy!