Valentine’s Day is to show your loved ones they are special; from your partner, family, friends – and even your dog. After all, the furry family member loves you endlessly and unconditionally. They deserve a
special treat on the day of love too.
Here is an easy and delicious Valentine dog treat to make on this day to savor your dogs taste buds:
Things you will need
- ¾ cup beef
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- With a whisk or a spatula, stir the ingredients, until you form a dough ball.
- Knead this ball with your hands, until it is stiff. Place it on a floured counter.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the dough to a thickness of your desire (cookies can be between 1.9 cm – 0.6 cm thick).
- Cut the dough in the shape of bones (if you have a cookie cutter in that shape).
- Lay each cookie on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 50 minutes, while keeping a check to ensure they turn brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool them before serving to your beloved dog.
- You can even pack them in a basket or add red ribbons around the cookies.