A lighthouse depicts safety and protection. This is it serves as a very popular piece of decorative element. While, there are many stores which sell lighthouses, you can easily make one all by yourself a home with the help of claypots.
Things You Need:
- 2 small clay saucers
- 4 clay pots of different sizes (small, medium, large and extra-large)
- Acrylic paint of your choice
- Paint brushes
- Glass votive holder
- Permanent adhesive
- Battery operated tea light, flameless
- Clean your clay pots with a cloth.
- Paint your claypots with acrylic paint. Make sure to use the paint which can be used outdoors.
- Use the paint to draw the windows of the lighthouse.
- Take your clay saucers and paint them in an entirely different color as that of the lighthouse.
- Once the paint dries on both the saucers and the pots, put some adhesive on both of them to make sure that they stick together.
- Place all the clay pots on each other with the largest one at the bottom and the smallest one at the top. You can also stick them together by applying adhesive at the base of each pot.
- Place the saucer on the top of the smallest claypot, upside down.
- Put the votive holder on the saucer and place the tea light in it. Place the other saucer on the votive.
- Your DIY claypot lighthouse is ready.