Nothing gives away your age more than a turkey neck. You may have a flawless face even at 50, but those wrinkles on the neck will give away your age. Both men and women suffer from this problem after a certain age, and it is undesirable by all. After all, who wants to look old?
The reason behind the sagging neck skin is that the skin around this area is very delicate. It is, in fact, the thinnest skin of the body, and it is more likely to get wrinkles before the facial wrinkles appear. The neck has a lack of oil glands and this mainly causes dryness, which accelerates the aging process, making the neck more weathered than the face.
The saddest truth about life is that you cannot turn back the time, but there are ways to reverse the sagging neck. When visiting the anti-aging section in a cosmetic and beauty store, you will see that every anti-aging serum and cream there is for the space between the forehead and chin. Therefore, you may need to follow some home remedies and tricks to have a younger skin around the neck.
- When you cleanse your face every night, never leave out your neck. After cleansing, apply moisturizer on the face and neck. Apply it on the neck with upward strokes, and massage it well to boost blood circulation.
- Apply anti-aging night creams designed for the face every night. Ensure the creams are rich in vitamins A, C, and E, antioxidants, and beta carotene. CoQ10 is another powerful ingredient that reverses aging in creams.
- Apply sunscreen when you head out of the house – no matter what the season. The SPF on your sunblock should be above 50.
- Eat foods rich in omeg-3 acids. These can be found in fish, like salmon, sardines, and mackerel, in ample amounts. This anti-oxidant does wonders to the skin and reverses aging.
- Quitting smoking will reduce the formation of wrinkles on the neck. Smoking damages the collagen in the skin, and inhaling adds to the lines around the neck.
- Take collagen supplements that contain hyaluronic acid – a compound that aids in the absorption of water in the skin to make it look plumper.
- Exercise reverses age! According to a research done by McMaster University in Canada, fitness regimes were proven to knock off years from the face.
- Consume more vitamin C and apply it. Oranges and lemons are rich in vitamin C, which should be consumed in whatever way you desire. You should also look for creams rich in vitamin C to prevent skin wrinkling.