Ringworm infection, medically known as dermatophytosis or tinea, is a fungal infection that affects people of all ages, and appears on the skin, nails and scalp. This is not a life-threatening disease, and can be treated with medications. This skin condition is most common in children.
The best way to treat ringworms is through natural remedies. Here is a list of some home ingredients that instantly cure ringworm infections:
- Apple cider vinegar is known for having antifungal properties that can treat problems like ringworm infections. Apply it over the affected area with a clean cotton ball 3 to 5 times a day. By the third day, the ringworm will fade. Continue using till it is fully gone.
- Aloe Vera is used for beautifying the skin and hair, but it is also a remedy for getting rid of ringworms. Simply take out the aloe gel from a leaf of its plant, and then directly apply it on the skin. Leave it overnight and then wash off the next day. Repeat this daily, and see results after a week.
- Tea tree oil is a common remedy for almost every skin disorder. It is the best cure for acne and pimples. It has antifungal properties to fight off fungal infections like ringworms too. Just dip a cotton ball in tea tree oil and apply it over the affected areas 3 times a day.
- Garlic has antifungal compounds, which makes it a great home remedy for ringworms. Garlic extract when applied to an affected area, will kill the ringworms from the scratch. Crush a few cloves to make a paste, and apply it to the ringworm-infected area 2 to 3 times a day and wash off with warm water each time. Repeat this for 4 weeks.
- Turmeric is a simple spice, which has antibiotic qualities to treat fungal infections. Use turmeric juice on the affected area for a few days, applying it at least 3 times daily.
- Papaya Seeds are also known to be best for ring worm treatment. Take dried papaya seeds and crush them into form of powder. You can add some water to it to make paste and apply the mixture on the effected area thrice a day