Wasp nests in any house can be very unpleasant, especially when there are you children around that have an allergy to their sting. Although calling an exterminator is essential for you, there are ways to get rid of the wasp nest instead of waiting. Follow this simple guide to get rid of the wasp nest from your home safely and effectively.
Things you will need
- Protective clothing and gear
- Wasp killer
- Pesticide spray
- You must take an allergic test to ensure you are not allergic to the wasp sting first. Take the test with a doctor. If you are allergic, it is best to call and exterminator, as the sting can be life-threatening for you.
- If your test turns out to be negative, Wear your protective clothing and gear to avoid getting stung by the wasps. Wear glasses as well to protect yourself fully.
- Spray over the nest with the pesticide spray. Do not climb on ladders to spray the nest as it may be dangerous. Only spray over areas that are in your reach. Take action during the night as the wasps are bound to be asleep then.
- You can also make a mix of these ingredients and spray over the wasp nest to get rid of them. Mix 1/4 cup of dishwashing liquid with water in a powerful spray bottle. The soapy water drowns the wasps and gets rid of wasps for good.
- With the stick or the back of the broom, remove the nest after a day you sprayed it down. Ensure all wasps have gone from it before tackling with it. Dispose the nest immediately.