Applying nail polish on your toenails is much more easier than applying it to the hands since you have both your hands free. By following these simple steps, you can apply toenail nail polish perfectly:
- Remove and traces of nail polish you may have applied to your toenails. Use a cotton bud to remove the tiny details.
- Buff the nails from the top. Toenails are rougher and require a way to be smoothened out before nail paint is applied. Buffing also aids in making the nail polish color last long as it acts as a nail polish prime, which soaks the nail base coat well.
- Trim and file your toenails too. Overgrown nails do not give a groomed and neat look, so keep your nails a millimeter above the nail bed. File it to the desired shape. Keep a square or rounded shape, as these don’t chip easily.
- With a cuticle stick, push back the cuticles, and cut them then with a cuticle cutter (if needed). Apply a cuticle cream over it.
- With a toe separator (or you can use cotton balls between each toe), separate the toes.
- Apply a base coat, which has a high calcium ingredient.
- Apply your desired nail polish color. Use slow and even brush stroke when applying the first coat.
- After 10 minutes, apply the second coat to enrich the nail color.
- Dip a Q-tip in nail polish remover and clean the sides of the nail with it incase you has touched any traces to the skin.
- After waiting for it to dry for at least 20 minutes, apply a topcoat. This preserves the nail paint from chipping off.
It’s just as simple as that… you have now a perfectly groomed pair of feet!