Whether you are a smoke or a non-smoker, you will agree with the fact that cigarette smell in the car can be really embarrassing and annoying. This is why it is extremely important to get rid of this smell.
While there are many products available in the market which help in suppressing the smell, there is one homemade formula which actually eliminates the smell from the car.
All you need to have is
- Baking soda
- White vinegar
- 4 medium sized bowls
- An empty spray bottle
- A clean piece of cloth
Now that you have got all the ingredients with you, you can easily go about eliminating the smell from your car in a few simple steps:
- Take 2 parts of water and 1 part of vinegar and mix them in the empty spray bottle.
- Spray the mixture on the whole inside of your car. No windows, seats, floor, steering wheel, ceiling, glow box should be left behind.
- Now turn your car on with the AC running on full. While the doors and windows of the car should be closed, do spray the mixture in your car after every few minutes. Your car should keep on running like this for 8 to 10 minutes. This will ensure that the smell is properly removed.
- Now turn your car off and start wiping its interior with a clean piece of cloth. This is important because the tar from smoke gets accumulated on different surfaces which causes smell in the car.
- If you have a habit of smoking in the car, you can repeat this process again before moving on to the next step.
- Now that the tar is removed, sprinkle baking soda all over your car. Baking soda is good at absorbing smell.
- Pour some vinegar in the four bowls and place them in all four sides of the car. You can leave it overnight.
- Next day, remove the bowls and vacuum the car for getting rid of the baking soda.
- Now hop in, pull down the windows of your car and take a trip around the town. This will help in getting rid of vinegar’s smell.
This is a tried and tested method of getting rid of cigarette’s smell. If you don’t have much time to go through the whole process, you can always opt for commercially prepared formulas mad for the same purpose.