Textured ceiling are a part of most homes as they enhance the beauty of a room. The only problem with these lovely additions to your house is their maintenance, as cleaning or repairing a textured ceiling could be quite a hassle! If you wish to attempt repairing it at home to save yourself a few bucks, here is a detailed DIY technique on fixing it easily:
Things you will need:
- Paint brush
- Stain sealant
What you will do:
- Cover the floor with a dustsheet, as fixing the ceiling will be a messy job.
- Remove the pieces of the ceiling that are damaged with the help of a knife or scarper.
- Sand the areas around the damaged patches of the ceiling that are now removed.
- Apply the drywall compound to the effected areas with the knife. Make the compound flat with the knife, and leave it to dry.
- Sand the area with sandpaper now again so that the surface is smooth.
- If there is a stain around the area of the damaged ceiling, like that caused by water, you will have to apply a coat of stain sealant with a brush.
- Apply the paint to the ceiling now so that the repair is unnoticeable.
- Clean up the area and the brushes and let the roof dry for 48 hours.