A clogged drain is everyone’s worst nightmare. But when it has got standing water, unclogging it seems something next to impossible. Although there are various products available in the super stores that can unclog the drain, yet they can prove t be really harmful. Even if you are not a big environment enthusiast, those products are not always present at the home as well.
This is why, I have come up with the best solution of unclogging a drain with standing water.
The good thing is that this method involves all the natural products. Most of these products are always present at the home, so you don’t actually have to rush out and get all the materials for unclogging the drain. This method is so much effective that you don’t even have to call in a plumber.
Things You Require:
- A small bucket
- Baking soda
- Petroleum jelly
- Thin stick
Method of Unclogging the Drain
- Wear your gloves.
- If there is a lot of standing water, remove it with a bucket. The more water you’ll remove, the easier it will be to unclog the drain.
- Remove any pieces of soap, strands of hair and eve residues of tooth paste present around the drain with the help of a thin stick, thin enough to even penetrate the drain holes.
- Now pour in half cup of baking soda.
- Take 1 cup of vinegar and pour it in the drain as well. These two ingredients will dissolve any oil or grease present in the drain. Leave the drain like this for 20 minutes.
- Take boiling water and start pouring it down the drain slowly. You can take hot water if you have PVC pipes.
- Now give another gap of 15 minutes before moving on to the next step.
- Apply some petroleum jelly along the plunger. It will create an extra layer between the drain and the plunger and will stop the plunger from getting tuck.
- Now simply move the plunger quickly for a few times.
- Repeat the process for a few minutes.
- Now run the water to check if the drain has got unclogged or not.
- If it hasn’t then repeat the same steps once again.