Creating a diaper holder yourself is a fun and simple task. It aids in making the nursery organized and decorated. To make a simple diaper holder, follow the steps below.
Things you will need
- Small, child-size clothes hanger
- 5 meters of printed or plain cotton fabric
- Matching thread
- 25 meter fusible interfacing
- Paper and pencil
- Sewing machine
- Draw a semi-circle on the paper, that should be 9-inches tall, and the width should be 13-inches. Pin it to the fabric. With the scissors, cut the fabric, and again, cut an identical piece of the fabric.
- Cut the fusible interlacing piece with the same pattern as you did in the previous step.
- Cit another piece from the fabric but in a rectangular shape to make the back of the diaper holder. The dimensions for it should be 13″x 22″.
- Cut two pieces of the fabric in a rectangular shape, keeping each at 7 inches in width and 22 inches in height. This will make the front of the diaper holder.
- Cut a rectangular fabric again now in the dimensions 13″x 9″ to make the holder’s bottom.
- Cut two pieces of the fabric in rectangular shapes with a 9 inch width and the bottom, and a 22 inch height.
- Fold the edge of the 7″x 22″ rectangular pieces of fabric now over to reveal the wrong fabric side. Make another identical fold in the two rectangular pieces of fabric, and press a hot iron over it. Stitch over this fold.
- You will then place the fabric pieces in the last step on a flat surface, and keep the stitched edges in contact with one another. Put the pieces of the semi-circular fabric on the right-side down over the pieces of fabric that will be the front side of the diaper holder.
- Keeping the edge of the half circular in line, pin and then sew the edges after pressing them with an iron.
- Again, place the semi circle fabrics in assembly, and stitch them. The seams have to be ironed to be flattened.
- Fold the curved edge by a 1/2 inch and then press it down and stitch over it.
- Keeping the right side of the fabrics in contact with each other, place the pieces of fabric – the front and triangular pieces – together. Stitch them in line and again, flatten with an iron.
- Now bring one of the rectangular pieces of the diaper holder to this and stitch it in a similar manner.
- The base of the diaper holder has to be made with the cardboard that is covered with the fabric. You have to insert the cardboard by folding the rectangle pieces and stitching them with it. Keep this at the base of the holder.