Paper lanterns make the ideal setting for every occasion. They can decorate any festival and outdoor setting. Paper lanterns are very common in China and Japan. You can make paper lanterns at home and simply hang them from your ceilings to splash some color at your party.
Here is a step-by-step guide on making paper lanterns at home:
Things you will need
- Colored paper
- Needle and thread
- Fold the paper half lengthwise.
- Cut along the folded edges but not till the end. You will be making slits. The number of strips also depends on you, but the more the strips, the more beautiful the lanterns will be.
- Take two of the ends of the paper and wrap them around to make a cylindrical shape. With the glue, stick them together to secure the entire length of the lantern.
- Add a handle on top of the lantern with a piece of paper. It should be a rectangular shaped paper that will be glued or attached with a string to the lantern.
- Place a candle inside and hang it by the ceiling to enjoy your artwork.