A kidney stone develops due to the build-up of minerals in the kidney cavity. These form stones then
which causes pain in a patient after movement of the fragments. The pain usually lies around the lower back, and extends to the left and ride sides of the spine. The pain is severe as it radiates in the lower abdomen and the groin region.
Most of the times, the pain cannot be diminished in a few minutes. The real way to lower the pain will be through getting the stone removed via surgery, but till then, a patient must cope with it by either staying distracted, or taking over-the-counter medications for temporary pain relief.
There are some natural pain relievers for kidney stones. These are:
- Increase the intake of fluids. The more the fluids you consume, the more the pain will ease. Drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day can even evacuate the stones.
- Use a hot water bottle to compress the area in pain.
- Take a hot bath to ease the pain for temporary relief.
- Mix 2 ounces of olive oil with 2 ounces of lemon juice and drink it followed by a glass of water that has 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar mixed in it.
- Consume kidney beans in your diet.
- Drinking pomegranate juice is believed to reduce the pain caused from kidney stones.
- Take a magnesium supplement to reduce the number of kidney stones and their pain.
- Drink a tea made from basil and honey.
- Take Advil if the pain is too intense.