Why go to a nail salon when you can easily apply acrylic nails at home? Getting your nails done is a lot of fun, but you can save yourself your money and time by getting artificial nail extensions on top of your natural nails. These acrylic nails conceal and protect broken or brittle nails. They also make the hands look manicured, clean and stunningly stylish.
Get an acrylic nail supply from a drug store, and follow these steps to apply the nails:
Things you will need
- Nail file
- Nail cutter
- Acrylic nails
- Acrylic nail glue
- Nail forms
- Monomer liquid
- Acrylic nail powder
- Small bowl
- Top coat
- Remove the old nail polish from your nails, and trim your nails. Do not cut them too short. File the nails, buff them, and then swipe their surface gently. The nails will make the nail lose its shine so that the right surface is set to apply the acrylic nail.
- Choose the size of nails by placing each nail with a matching artificial nail from the kit.
- Trim the acrylic nail from the end. The base of the nail should not extend beyond the middle of the natural nail.
- Apply the acrylic nail with the glue provided in the kit, and apply to the bottom area. Then place it on the nail to stick to your natural nail. Hold the acrylic nail with the index finger and your thumb for 10 seconds. Repeat these steps on all the nails.
- Carefully cut the nails with the nail cutter according to the desired size.
- File the tips to remove any uneven edges.