Want to learn how to layer cut your hair at home? Read the article below to see how.
Your hair can make or break your entire look. Adding volume and texture to your crowning glory can transform your overall look into style diva in no time. If you are short on fund on getting a haircut, and cant afford a hairstylist at the moment, you can add layers to your hair yourself at home. Layers freshen up the look of hair as it adds volume to limp and thin hair. Layers look good on all face shapes and hair types. So if you want to get that cut done at home, follow these simple instructions:
Things you will need
- Good pair of scissors
- Fine-toothed comb
- Hair clips
- Wash your hair properly and shampoo to remove any hair grease. Towel dry it, leaving it damp but not dripping wet.
- Divide the hair into equal sections. This will be done by the help of the comb, which will divide the hair into two sections, one on the left and one on the right side. Create the top box which is the section between the two layers you made. Divide it into two parts; one that extends from the crown of the head till the forehead, and the other that extends from the crown till the nape of the neck. Add clips to the sections. The two sections forming on the left and rights front sections of the head should be held out front with clips. Leave the back hair loose.
- Unclip the front top box section you made and lifting it at a 90-degree angle, trim it.
- You will then trim the front right section in the same way, at a 90-degree angle. Trim at an angle instead of a horizontal line to form soft layers.
- Repeat step 4 on the left section.
- Trim the loose back hair by bringing them in the front in two divided sections over the shoulders.
- Begin with clean and washed hair. After shampooing, dry the hair fully for the haircut. With a wide-toothed comb, detangle all the hair.
- Put your head down by bending over and gather the hair at the top of your head. When your head is upside down, just comb the hair forward and fasten the hair with an elastic band. Turn your head back up.
- Slide the elastic band slightly down. Make it a few inches above the end of the hair.
- Now cut the end of the hair that is above the elastic band. Cut each section the same length. Cut straight across to create even layers.
- Push back the hair and examine your layers. If you want to adjust any hair, use the scissors to cut the individual lock. This cutting technique will create a few face-framing layers for you and is ideal for creating layers in long length hair.
Comb your hair and give it a blow dry to set those newly created layers in your hair! Bounce and flaunt your hair wherever you go.
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!