Hard water isn’t very healthy for the face or the hair, as it contains high levels of iron, calcium and magnesium that coat the hair and its follicles along with the skin pores. It produces less lather as well, making it difficult to clean off. If you can manage to install a water treatment plant at your home, you may soften the water, but till the time you don’t, try using these beauty products to protect your skin and hair beauty:
- Purchase shampoo and conditioners with chelating agents, like L’anza Swim and Sun Daily Chelating Shampoo. This shampoo is ideal to use with hard water, as it protects hair discoloration, and gives a gentle cleanse.
- Hard water fades dyed hair, so use a shampoo that will protect hair fading, like Pureology Purify Shampoo, which guarantees long color life. It also protects the hair from hard water’s damaging contents like sulphate and chlorine.
- When it comes to conditioner, you need something that will soften the hair after a wash from hard water. Try Malibu C Hard Water Wellness Conditioner, which prevents that hard water from leaving deposits on the hair and brings a shine to it.
- For a body wash, you need to find something that will not deprive the body’s skin from its softness. For this the Clearly Natural Cucumber Soap is ideal as it ensures smooth skin after a wash with hard water. It is glycerin-based and hypoallergenic.
- When washing the face, use Aveeno Active Naturals Moisturizing Bar. This soap has a natural formula for the skin to remain clean and soft with hard water.