A utility shelf is adaptable and so, it can be stored anywhere – from a garage, a large closet, a basement, laundry room, or your house pool. Utility shelves are remarkable very useful and can be made at home for your convenience and pleasure. Here is a guide on building a utility shelf yourself:
Things you will need
- Lumber wood
- Tape measure
- Electric drill
- Drill bits
- Carpenter’s square
- Stud gun
- Select the area where the utility shelving will be placed. Create a mark on this area according to the dimensions of your desire. Check how long and wide you desire the shelves to be and how big each section you will keep.
- Draw lines on the wall as markings for the shelving.
- Cut the wood into the dimensions you have drawn out. Cut the shelves and sidings and sand them.
- Arrange the shelves by drilling from edges and adding screws where needed.
- Create shelving supports with the lumber and attach them with the screws and glue.