Mirror, mirror on the wall, who’s the fairest of them all? Well, you can’t be saying that mantra with a dirty mirror to look into!
Overtime, mirror and glass windows collect dirt and grime. And no matter how meticulously you clean them, a glass stops sparkling as it used to. In order to revive the shine and maintain their cleanliness, you have to get the right tools and products. But that doesn’t mean you need to run to the hardware store and splurge money on unnecessary chemicals! You can easily clean the windows and mirrors with a vinegar and water, and make them shine and streak-free.
Here is the right way to clean mirrors or windows:
Things you will need
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Towel or paper towels
- Dish washing soap (optional)
- Microfiber cloth
- Gather the mirror cleaning supplies, which are listed above, and bring them to the mirror that needs cleaning.
- Create the mirror cleaning solution by mixing two parts of warm water, with one part of white vinegar in the spray bottle. Add a drop of dish washing soap to bring an extra sparkle.
- Lay the towel or paper towels below the mirror so that the furniture below does not get damaged. Stuff the paper towels in the side of the mirror if it is against a wall.
- Spray over the mirror. Use the newspaper to swipe cleans the mirror. Buff in circular motions. Once the mirror starts making a sharp squeaking sound, you will be done.
- With the cloth, polish dry the mirror.
- In case the edge are left, use a Q-tip to remove the dust or grime.