The Gloucester Road Tube Station is a subway located in the Kensington neighborhood of west London. The tube station is divided into two main sections: the sub-surface section, and the deep-level section. The former section came into being in 1868, while the latter was made in 1906, as periodic refurbishments were made to subway. Currently, the tube has 5 platforms, and three main lines: District Line, Piccadilly Line, and Circle Line. The District Line and Piccadilly Line give passage to the Earl’s courts and the South Kensington, while the Circle Line connects the tube station to High Street Kensington and South Kensington stops.
There is only one entrance and exit for the underground station from the Gloucester rod. Here you can find the ticket hall as well. You can find payphones, help points, general commuters, and lifts in the tube system, along with assistance for the disabled.
The tube station is a prime location of London as it connects a traveler and locals to various places around the city. Below is a list of places near the Gloucester Road tube station:
- Restaurants & Coffee Shops: Great dining areas and cuisine exist around the area of the station. These include Black & Blue, Byron Restaurant, Starbucks Coffee, Bombay Brasserie, and Pret A Manger.
- Bars & Clubs: Within a mile of the tube station, you can find bars and rejuvenating clubs. These include Stanhope, Eclipse, Boujis, and Opal Bar.
- Hotels: When looking for accommodations to stay, many hotels surround the Gloucester Station. These hotels are great for travelers as they get to use the tube for all destinations in London: Millennium Bailey’s Hotel, Montana Hotel, Radisson Edwardian Vanderbilt Hotel, and Crown Plaza London Kensington Hotel.
- Tourist Attractions: Many sights and tourist destinations surround the Gloucester station that amuse all visitors. These are: Kensington Palace, Natural History Museum, Victoria and Albert Museum, Science Museum, and Serpentine Gallery.
- Educational Institutes: There are several schools and colleges that are close to the Gloucester tube station, such as The College of Psychic Studies, Queen’s Gate School, Imperial College of London, and Richmond The American International University.
- Shopping Malls: The main 3 shopping malls in a mile distance of the tube station include Topshop, Relsa Barkers, and Gloucester Arcade.
You will also find health services, beauty salons, gift shops, hospitals and childcare centers near the Gloucester Road tube station.