The Macarena song revolutionized the world of dance when it released in Spain in 1994. People of all ages love performing the dance on parties and events. It is famous mainly because the steps are easy to learn and quick to follow for everyone. The Macarena dance has 16 steps involved that are simple and require very less practice to learn.
If you wish to learn the steps of the Macarena, follow these:
- Extend your right arm in front of you, facing the hand down.
- Keeping the right arm in the same position, extend the left arm the same way, palm facing down.
- Turn both palms up to face the sky now.
- Put your right hand on your upper left arm, and fold the left arm by placing the left hand on the upper right arm.
- Now lift the left hand and place it behind your head. Do the same with the right hand.
- Bring down the left hand and place it on the right side of the hip, and do the same with the right hand, placing it on the left side of the hip.
- Put your right hand on the right buttock now, and the left hand on the left buttock.
- Sway the hips in this position on 3 beats.
- Hop then to make a quarter turn towards the right-side and begin all steps above again.
- Repeat these steps after hopping all four angles.