For many reasons, there may come a time when you have to dye your eyebrows – the hair may be turning white, or they aren’t matching the new hair color you got from the salon. Either way, changing the color of your eyebrows will enhance your overall facial beauty and impact your look. Dyed eyebrows look thicker and fuller. Most people are dying their eyebrows these days to give them the latest thick and full eyebrow look. For this reason, dying your eyebrows before shaping them is a great idea. To dye your eyebrows safely at home, use this guide to help you accomplish this very simple and effective task.
Things you will need
- Beard or mustache dye (color of your choice)
- Face wash
- Petroleum jelly
- Cotton buds
- Eyebrow comb or mascara wand
- Cotton pads
- You will use a beard dye to dye your eyebrows, and not a regular scalp hair dye because those are harsh for the facial skin. The skin around the eyes is very sensitive so you must be very careful. Beard dyes are designed for coarser and fine hair and have less chemical content within them. For this reason, Vogue has entitled beard dyes as the secret trick for fuller eyebrows.
- Wash your face fully and remove all traces of makeup. Use a good hydrating face wash. Pat dry with a towel.
- Outline the sides of your eyebrows with petroleum jelly or Vaseline. This forms a barrier to prevent the dye from penetrating onto the forehead skin from the eyebrows.
- Prepare the dye according to the instructions given with the package.
- Apply the dye over the eyebrow with a cotton bud. Cover one eyebrow fully and then move on to the other. Once you apply the dye to an eyebrow, remember to comb through the eyebrow hair. This will dye the inner part of the brow and create a more natural look.
- Leave the dye on for 3-5 minutes, even if the box reads 10-15 minutes. You should not apply the dye for longer as this will make the eyebrows darker than desired and look artificial. If your eyebrow hairs are white, apply the dye for not more than 10 minutes.
- With a wipe dipped in water, clean off the dye from the eyebrows now. If any shadowing or staining is left, wash your face with warm water. By the morning, it will fade off.
- Your new dyed eyebrows are all done!
Related source: How to Do Eyebrow Waxing.
You can now tweeze or wax your eyebrows according to your desire. If you have missed any spot in the eyebrows, apply the dye there again with a cotton bud.
Tips for coloring eyebrows at home:
- If you apply the dye anywhere on the skin that leaves a stain, apply makeup remover or baby oil over the area and rub a cotton pad over it.
- Mixing equal parts of baking soda and shampoo and applying it over the eyebrows will allow the color dye to settle down if it goes too dark.
- Never apply the dye on for too long. Keep it on for only 3 to 5 minutes.
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!