Mentioned in the Bible of its use, and hence dated back to its creation in 2000 B.C., the butter churn has been a device used in homes to produce whipped butter for centuries. Most of you must have seen it in movies like Little House on the Prairie, but its old-fashioned way can produce the healthiest and the most scrumptious butter you could possibly imagine. Butter doesn’t need to be made from goat or cow milk, but can be made from even store-bought whipped cream. Buying ready-made butter may be very simple from grocery stores, but it is the making of this butter that is actually very delightful and healthy for your family as well. Here is a guide on making delicious whipped butter with the help of a butter churn. You will find it simple and well-worth the time spent in the kitchen after tasting it!
The very basic thing you will need is a butter churn first. This can be bought from convenient stores, but more easily, online. Search on Amazon or eBay for a good deal on a functioning butter churn for you to make your healthy butter at home. To learn how to make homemade butter using a butter churn, follow this easy guideline below.
Things you will need
(Cooking time: 15 minutes, Serves: 12 ounces of butter)
- Butter churn (or mason jar with a top)
- 2 pints of whipped cream
- High-quality flake salt
- Large bowl
- Wooden spoon
- Clean and wash the butter churn properly before making the butter. Allow the instrument to fully dry before beginning making the butter. Any water droplet can make the butter stale after a few days.
- Add the cream to the jar. Leave the cream to sit out at room temperature for 2-3 hours to let it ripen.
- Add thickened cream in the churn, so that it fills up almost halfway in the jar. You will then close the jar with the butter churn’s top lid.
- Begin using the hand crank of the device to churn the butter. If using a mason jar, shake the jar vigorously. Gradually, the butter will begin to separate from the cream.
- Eventually, and after a lot of churning, all the cream will turn into butter. The liquid formed in the center is butter milk. You can remove this and use it for other recipes.
- With the strainer, remove the butter milk from the butter (you can use it for making pancakes!). Press the butter down with the wooden spoon to remove the butter milk. The butter milk must be thoroughly removed, otherwise the butter will turn sour in a few days.
- Rinse the butter in the strainer under cold water. When the water runs clear from under it, your butter is fully ready.
- Add a few pinches of salt to the butter, refrigerate it in a container, and enjoy it for breakfast.
Homemade butter can be used for your breakfast, and for cooking healthy lunches or dinners. So use this recipe and simple technique to create 100% organic and homemade butter that is preservative free, and good for the heart!
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!