Either for a baby shower or a birthday, rubber ducky cakes look cute and are very simple to make. In order to make the perfect (and delicious) cake, follow this simple recipe:
- Yellow food color
- 1 Betty Crocker™ SuperMoist™ yellow cake mix
- 2 Containers Betty Crocker™ Whipped fluffy whiter frosting
- Water, eggs, oil as given on the cake mix box
- Orange wedge candies
- Chocolate chips
- White round candy (we used nonpareli candies with white sprinkles)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8-inch round cake pan, a 9-inch round cake pan, and a custard cup (10-ounce would be perfect).
- Make the batter of the cake according to the instructions provided on the box. Pour 2/3 cup of the batter in the custard cup, and the remaining in the two cake pans. Bake the 8-inch pan first for 20-25 minutes. Then bake the 9-inch pan for 17 to 23 minutes. and finally the custard cup for 25 minutes. Insert a toothpick in each and see if it comes out clean before taking them out of the stove. Let the cakes cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the three cakes from their pans and let them fully cool for 30 minutes.
- Once cooled, freeze the cakes for 45 minutes. This will aid in cutting into the duck shape.
- Mix the frosting in a large bowl and add the food color to make it a bright yellow color.
- Cut the round top off of the 8-inch cake, and place it, side down, on the serving plate. Spread some of the frosting over it.
- Place the 9-inch cake, the round side up, on the frosted cake. spread a very thin layer of the frosting over the cakes sides. Freeze your cake now for an hour.
- With the remaining frosting, frost the sides and top of the cake. Place the small custard cup cake, with the round side up, at the side of the cake to form the duck’s head. frost the head, and add the orange candies to form the duck’s beak.
- Add the eyes of the duck with the chocolate chips and nonpareil candy.