Harsh weathers may lead to the damage of deck railings, and replacing them become necessary for safety and functionality purposes. A wobbly deck railing can lead to a bad look of the overall appearance of your beautiful home as well. Replacing the railing should not be delayed due to pricing issues or costs, as you can easily manage to replace it with this simple guide:
Things you will need
- Deck Screws
- Galvanized Deck Screws
- Measuring Tape
- Circular Saw
- With the pencil, mark the position of the damaged railing of the deck, and remove the railing carefully by unscrewing the nuts.
- With the help of a friend, hold the new railing against the inner side of the stairway posts. Now bring it into line with the top corner with the top post. Attach the railing temporarily to the post with the hammer and the deck screws.
- With the saw, cut the ends of the rail at 45-degree angles. Now join the lumber of the rails. Make holes in it to place the screws in it. Attach the rail with the galvanized screws.
- Join the ends of the new rail to the stairway posts. Smooth the edges with sandpaper. Bore pilot holes and add the deck screws to attach the rail.
- Now position the posts cap, so that the edge joins the inner edge of the rail. Drill holes and pic the cap to the rail with the deck screws.