You are up early in the morning…. Had a really tiring day the day before and will be tied up today too…. You fix yourself coffee to kick start your day, grab a cup from the counter …. And you see a COFFEE STAIN…. That could really put you off!!
Hold your horses now… that’s Everyone’s dilemma … We all have discolored cups or stained pots, lying in the back of our kitchen cabinets, lined up shamefully, hiding and saving you from the guilt of letting your coffee sit for long and not washing it in time.
The coffee and tea stains tend to linger on if left unattended…. Especially if it gets on your best tea set….
So what should one do….. You simply can’t throw them away…. So after looking up and doing some homework…. I have compiled a list of different ways these nasty stains can be removed from your mugs and pots.
- All you need is some sugar and a damp piece of rag… simply rub off the stain with sugar on damp cloth.
- Make a paste of baking soda and lemon juice and apply on stains…. Scrub off with sponge and rinse.
- Put some baking soda in the cup and top it off with boiling water. Let it sit for a couple of hours before washing.
- Take equal portions of vinegar and salt… mix them and add boiling water. Leave for a few hours or overnight and wash with normal detergent.
- Mix cornstarch and vinegar well into a paste. Apply it on the stains and let it stay for a couple of minutes before rubbing it off. Rinse well after washing.
Happy Scrubbing and Save your favorite tea set.