Fried rice is a popular choice for takeout food which is mostly served on the side with a special topping. Fried rice is simple to make at home, and with this recipe, you no longer have to spend on ordering it from outside! When made in a wok, fried rice tastes exquisite like Asian rice.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicums (or peas)
- 4 cups cold cooked rice
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 ounces chicken thinly chopped (optional)
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok, and then add the onions. Stir fry until the onions turn a light brown (in around 8 minutes). Remove the onions from the wok.
- Let the wok cool slightly, and then add the eggs, mixing them as you do. Add the soya sauce and sesame oil. When the eggs are cooked and puffed, set the eggs aside.
- Add the ,eat to the wok and cook in a tablespoon of oil. Add the carrots and vegetables, along with the cooked onions and stir fry for a few minutes.
- Add the rice, the green onions, and toss it all to mix well. Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add the egg to the rice mixture and then fold it in. Mix and cook for a minute, and serve.