Grease stains are tough stains to remove from wood surfaces. Grease becomes stubborn and difficult to get out of wood, and the longer you leave the stain, the more stubborn it gets. Below are two treatments that can help you clean such tough grease stains from any wooden piece or flooring:
- Soft cloth
- Preheat the iron to any low setting, keeping the steam off.
- Cover the damaged wooden area with the cloth.
- Place your iron over the cloth for 10 seconds. The heat from the iron will melt the grease, which transfers on to the cloth.
- Repeat the steps with a clean section of the cloth over the stain to fully remove it.
- Dishwashing liquid
- White vinegar
- Warm water
- Empty spray bottle
- Paper towels
- Blot up the excess grease from the stained surface with the cloth.
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar , and using a sponge, wipe over the stained surface.
- Repeat this process until the stain disappears.
- In the spray bottle, mix some dishwashing liquid with warm water, and shake well.
- Spray over the stained area and let it set for 10 minutes.
- Wipe off then with a sponge in circular motion.
- Dry the surface with a clean paper cloth.