There are many people who would freak out at the thought of filling a cavity themselves and run to the dentist! But the honest truth is, you can manage to fill a cavity yourself at home, and you can do it neatly. So why not take the chance of doing it at home and save some money? It is temporary, of course! If it doesn’t work, you can keep your dentist’s office number close…
Things you will need
- Zinc oxide powder
- 100 % Clove oil
- Q-tips or cotton swabs
- In a small bowl, add a teaspoon of zinc oxide and a few drops of clove oil.
- The paste should be mixed well and not formed into a paste, but thick enough to form a ball instead. Use the back of the spoon to blend it.
- Clean the tooth with the cavity by brushing the teeth first, and then with a toothpick.
- With the Q-tip, apply the ball to the tooth that needs the filling. Press it with your fingers.
- Do this at night, and leave it overnight. It will harden by the morning.