Some fashions of dressing can make people look tittered and tattered. Jeans with knees shredded and indigo bleached to almost white are what’s in fad these days. These distressed jeans are hardly easy to obtain, despite being the latest rage. This is because the rips are all self-created by the wearers. That’s right, the tatters are all self-created by the adorned of those distressed jeans! Therefore, there’s no point on going out for a tireless hunt of these jeans when you can create the piece of art yourself on your favorite pair of denims in your wardrobe. Transform your ordinary jeans at home to an exemplary distressed denim that you are yearning for with this simple guide.
Learn how to distress your jeans at home with the instructions given below.
Things you will need
- A pair of jeans
- Washable marker or chalk
- Razor blade
- Old magazine or cardboard
- Washing machine
- Washing detergent
- Select the right pair of jeans you wish to distress. Although you can distress any type of jeans, select a skinny or straight-cut pair as boot cuts look tattered when distressed.
- Wear the jeans to see where you will make the markings on for distressing. With the marker, make marks on your desired spots. The knees and thigh regions are mostly distressed so make the markings around this areas.
- Place the jeans on a table and rub sandpaper over the marked spots. Sand over the marks lightly and for just a bit, until the color looks faded and the fabric has worn down slightly.
- You will now cut the jeans from the marked spots but first, you will insert the magazine or cardboard under the fades spots to prevent from cutting into the other side of the jeans.
- With the razor and scissors, start slicing the marked spots. Slice in horizontal strips, keeping an inch distance between each strip.
- Use the tweezers now to tease out the threads that are blue, leaving the white threads running horizontally through the hole. This gives the rugged and rough look to the jeans.
- Wash the jeans in a tumble machine wash to make the rips more authentic.
Related Source: How to Spot a Fake Burberry Shirt.
Your jeans are now ruined to your desire and style! Wear them and rock out your look. Try to create the look on the most old pair of jeans you have to give the rugged and worn out look more authentic. You can choose light or dark jeans to try creating the distressed jeans.
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!