Don’t you get tired of your towel falling off while you get ready in front of the mirror? The solution to your problem is a bath towel wrap! A bath towel wrap is an inexpensive and it is moderately simple to make yourself at home. All you have to do is recycle one of your towels, use some small piece of fabric and purchase some Velcro. So get ready for a very cheap fix to an annoying problem. Although bath robes can be opted for as well, bath towel wraps look great at beaches and swimming pools.
Bath towel wraps look super cute during the summer beach days and pool parties. It can be given to your mother or sister on their birthdays as a thoughtful gift too. It gives out that luxury spa look when you step out of the shower. You can add a bright patterned fabric to its edges to add more style to it. You can say good-by to that awkward sliding, slipping and tugging that you do with normal towels once you have a bath towel wrap tucked with you. If you give it out as a gift, add some soaps, shampoos, body washes and candles to make it the perfect spa recreational present that your mom or sister will enjoy every day. You can make a bath towel wrap for yourself or your kids easily with the help of this simple guide.
Learn how to make bath towel wraps with these instructions below:
Things you will need
- Bath towel
- Velcro – 8 inches
- Sewing machine (or needle and thread)
- 5 yard of wide elastic (with 1-inch width)
- 4 yards of ribbon
- Any printed fabric for decorating the bath towel wrap (optional)
- Spread the towel out on a work table. Pin the short side and the long side with a decorative ribbon of your choice. Now sew the ribbon on.
- Turn over the towel so that the decorative ribbon faces down.
- Fold the undecorated side by 1 1/2 inch at the long side of the towel and pin it.
- Sew in this fold by 1 1/4 inches at the edge.
- Take the elastic and measure it around your upper body or the child for who you are making the wrap. Do not pull tightly on the elastic, but hold it firmly and mark it. Trim it from the mark.
- Feed in the elastic you cut into the pouch you have made around the towel.
- Sew the ends of the elastic then, keeping it 8-inches from the end to make the towel bunch.
- Peel the Velcro apart and sew one side of it at where the elastic will stop.
- Flip the towel to make the decorative side face up. Sew on the other side of the Velcro to this side of the towel.
- Your wrap is ready to hit the water! Enjoy at the beach or flaunt it around your house after you shower!
We hope this guide helps you in making this DIY project at home.
Has this article helped you? Did you find what you were looking for? Leave your thoughts and comments below to tell us about it. If you want to Learn How To do anything specifically, let us know and we will write on the subject to guide you. Our website is designed to teach our readers about all the basics of life and answer the questions on solving problems we get tangled in at home. So get in touch with us and share your thoughts and ideas in the comment box below!