Marble designs painted on cars looks fad and brings a lot of head turning on the road. The way to paint a marbled design over a car is very similar to that of painting a car with automotive paint. If you are interested in making your car stand out and paint it in this new look, read the guide below to learn how you can accomplish it by yourself.
Things you will need
- Wax remover
- Copper wire
- Grease remover
- Masking tape
- Spray gun
- Car paint
- Goggles for the eyes
- Mask to cover the face
- Rubber gloves
- Mix the soap in water and wash the car. To get rid of the stubborn stains of grease, use the grease remover. Then remove the wax with the wax remover.
- Attach an end of the copper wire to the chassis of the car. Ground the body of the car, and attach the other en to it.
- Sand over some of the areas of the car lightly. By doing so, the car’s paint will be removed from some parts. Try to cover some parts of the care with tape while you sand so that the paint removes in neat patterns.
- Apply the primer to the areas you just rubbed with sandpaper. When the primer dries, sand over it to make it smooth. Apply another coat of the primer now.
- Spray paint over the designated areas now with a darker shade car paint. Use the spray gun for it and then let the paint dry.
- When the paint dries, spray paint with a light he paint over the areas. This creates the marled look in the paint.
- Let the paint fully dry and then apply the clear coat over the paint.